Clams with Pasta, Oven-Dried Tomatoes, and Roasted Garlic

We decided to get clams from the farmer's market this weekend, as well as some fresh pasta. I had extra garlic, tomatoes and basil to use up, so we tossed those in the mix too.

First, I made some oven-dried tomatoes using the grape tomatoes we had (adapted from Simply So Good).

1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
Fresh Thyme
Olive Oil
Salt & pepper
One head of garlic, with skin removed

Preheat the oven to 425. Place tomatoes cut side up on a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Place garlic cloves in between tomatoes. Bake for 45 minutes (Check on the garlic, so it doesn't burn). You can preserve the tomatoes in olive oil, but I used mine immediately.

Then I roasted a head of garlic (since the garlic with the tomatoes burned), and blended them together in the food processer.

I steamed the clams with some water and sweet vermouth, and boiled the pasta in a separate pot. I removed the clams to a large bowl once they opened, then added the tomato garlic mixture to the liquid that the clams steamed in. After bringing it to a boil, I added the al dente pasta in, and the clams (I removed the majority of the clams from their shells). I put the pasta, sauce, and clams into bowls and topped with basil.

Note: The tomatoes tasted much better out of the oven than in a sauce.

Comments

Popular Posts